20.1.08

Goodbye blue sky.

20.01.08

Goodbye blue sky.

"Did-did-did-did-you see the frightened ones?
Did-did-did-did-you hear the falling bombs?
Did-did-did-did-you ever wonder why we had to run for shelter
with the promise of a brave new world
Unfurled beneath a clear blue sky?"

Goodbye Blue sky - Pink Floyd

Shot info is on the flickr site.

This shot was taken from the parking lot at Yonge an HWY 7, looking south.

The picture is inspired by a recent special in the Toronto star called ‘Airsick: Industrial devolution.’ It’s about…industrial devolution I guess, I just looked at the pictures, I didnt read it. It probably has something to do with Earth Hour coming up, and the main shot had some Electrical towers in it. I was depressed that Edward Burtynsky was not included in the group of photographers, it's kind of his thing, but he’s probably too busy anyways, not to mention that there is a good chance he is in some foreign country taking pictures of their environmental issues.

I think I should first mention that I think I’m going to be writing a bit more in the blog because..I can, so you can either just look at the picture, or read a little bit.

Yesterday I did a little math, then went to Indigo, bought February's issue of DigitalSLR photography (I know there are at least two of my friend that are laughing as they read that), and read for about 2 hours. It was really, good, sit down and relax away from..stuff. There were some amazing shots from Wales and some actually useful tips that I’m going to try.

It was FRICKIN COLD!
I planned on taking a few pictures on the way, but I couldn’t stand outside for more than a few minutes without losing control of my hands, which hinders my ability to press the shutter release, so I only took a few.

Thirdly, I found an article in the globe and mail about Taking pictures in Starbucks. It was funny because Sarah and I had just gone to starbucks 2 days ago with my SLR and we took pictures, and that I have been debating over the issue with my mom for a while. The article investigates why “no photography” policies exist in stores, which I personally disagree with. I may be bias, because I am a photographer and I don't own a store, but I think the article pretty much covers my views. Just a quick add-on, when we went into Starbucks, I took about 50 pictures, and taking shots with an DSLR isn’t necessarily the most discrete thing you can do in a coffee shop. One of the workers actually told me I could! I didnt even ask! Funny thing is, another employee (I think he was manager) told me I couldn’t, but this was after we were done our 6 dinks and about to leave. He didn’t even tell ME! He just kind of whispered it to Sarah while I was throwing away the cups, and by the little bit of it I heard, it didn’t sounds like he really minded either, it was just for the sake of him having to say it.

So there you go, my 2 cents worth for today.

'till tmmrw.

peace

No comments:

hum-wha?

I live on a hill, and it's pretty humdrum. I also take pictures.

Blog Archive