27.6.08

Ripple of hope.

ripple of hope.



I have come here, carrying a burden

Knowledge of a lifestyle which one would not find fitAs a human, to embrace.


Where I come from, help is a self-aimed action, and happiness is a commodity.Greed is a key to success, and wealth overpowers wisdom.


I have come here, not to share my tainted traditions, for I am ashamed of my partaking in such selfish ways.

I would like to learn how to trust people, because where I come from, people will often convince themselves ‘it was a donation’, not a loan.

There are people who will take from you, and then act as if it was not yours in the first place. And these people couldn’t care less what happens to the other person, because the other person is not them, and they’re all that really matters in their mind.


And of these gutless and pathetic people, after some time, it is not the fact that one would do such a moral-less thing, it’s the fact that everyone has morals. And this person, his morals, so disfigured, must cause him to believe that this is right, and fair. To think that someone has been so corrupted by the influences around him, to think that his actions are acceptable, is truly the most saddening and terrifying essence of modern life.


So, despite these people, so helpless in their greed and lack of human emotion, I have come here to learn to live a life of potential fairness, and sense of human connection. It will not be easy, but the knowledge of living a life not corrupted by the modern world, so advanced in technology, yet so dismembered in human nature and emotion, is worth any sacrifice I could possibly think of.

No comments:

hum-wha?

I live on a hill, and it's pretty humdrum. I also take pictures.

Blog Archive