28.7.08

bwostin.

I think I'll go to boston.

So I'm in boston.

the trips going well, i'm on the lobby computer posting, haha. 3 days in, i'm halfway through my memory card Maine was beautiful, rolling hills, quaint little towns, awesome.

Family meet-up and concert was fun, good to see everyone and hear the music my great great great great grandfather wrote.

we went to W.s ripley's old home ( he's related to me), it was gorgeous with an awesome view (panoramas to come...)

Learned alot of family history...

-as in, WS ripley acually helped alexander graham bell with some of his expirements in boston ( he moved to boston from paris, Main to get a job), and worked just across the street from his lab.

-WS ripley's sister's husband, Hiram maxim, invented the first MACHINE GUN, along with smokeless gunpowder and the silencer.

ANyways, Boston is awesome, funny accents, nice people, lots of green space and INTERESTING HISTORY (it's amazing). We spend 2 more nights here before we head to washington, but i could spend a month here, just wandering the streeets, definately something I have to do when i'm living on my own. tommorow we hit up the freedom trail, harvard (WS ripley donated his house to harvard, so TECHNICALLY it's mine), MIT, ICA, and some other place. can't post pics, only text blogs till i get back. I'll try to post tommorow as well,

goodnight folks, peace!

No comments:

hum-wha?

I live on a hill, and it's pretty humdrum. I also take pictures.

Blog Archive